From climate change to social isolation, our society faces major social, environmental and health issues. Yet these can seem impossibly difficult to approach or irrelevant to many people’s everyday lives.
A best-selling book containing 50 simple actions to change the world. This spawned two follow on books – one for employees and one for children, an online Action Tracker and stationery range. The first of Shift (then We Are What We Do)’s projects, back in 2004.
“The question is not whether we should act alone, but how we can act together. Through its best-selling book, Change the World for a Fiver, and its website, We Are What We Do is demonstrating once again that the voluntary sector, particularly when it works creatively in partnership, can offer solutions to both specific and general challenges which will never be solved by government alone.”
- 1.2 million copies sold around the world
- Translated into 6 languages
- 100+ organisations promoting the actions to employees
- 5,000+ suggestions of actions for children’s book
- A copy in every school in England
- 50,000 users tracking 5,000,000+ actions on the online tool
- 3,000 schools using the lesson plans