Award-winning charity would love to meet a Researcher with a passion for social change and flair for social research, design research and impact evaluation.
Key info and benefits
- Full time, based in London’s Farringdon
- £30-38k per annum
- 25 days annual leave, plus 1 additional day for each year at Shift
- Matched pension contribution up to 4%
- Access to our tech scheme, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
Experimental. Entrepreneurial. Impactful. Practical. Empathetic.
If you’re nodding along, either because you share those values or because they sound a little like you, this is the role for you. We’re looking for someone like you to join our growing team in Farringdon, London. We’re a creative, inquisitive, passionate, down-to-earth team of design strategists, researchers and commercial heads working to support funders, charities and other partners to make measurable change in big, important social issues.
Right now we’re obsessing about childhood obesity, mental health, childhood development and financial resilience – and we’re looking for a new Researcher who shares these interests to join us.
As a Researcher at Shift, you’ll spend your days…
- Working alongside members of the team who are experts in service design and commercial thinking to embed rigorous social research, systems research and human-centred research into all of our work
- Conducting large-scale evidence and literature reviews as well as creating impact frameworks and logic models to help our teams and partners to understand the social problems we’re seeking to address
- Designing, recruiting for and conducting qualitative and quantitative research (including depth interviews, focus groups, ethnography, surveys) with a wide range of people including partners, experts and the people we hope to support
- Designing and facilitating workshops and co-design sessions with a wide range of stakeholders including partners, experts and members of the public
- Being curious and inquisitive, going beyond the basic research methodology to explore books, articles, content and contacts that can enrich the team’s understanding of a topic or area of work
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative data and turning these into compelling and actionable assets that help teams and partners to make decisions and, ultimately, drive change
- Helping to push forward our research practice through the use of creative and innovative methods and approaches
- Running small to mid-sized projects including spending time ensuring smooth project and client management
You’ll be a great fit if you’re both a social and design researcher with:
- Experience of designing and conducting both quantitative and qualitative research
- Skill and passion for literature reviews, theories of change and evaluation frameworks
- Flair for ethnography, observation, depth interviews, focus groups and co-design
- Experience creating compelling and actionable insights through your research
- Experience of working closely on projects with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in contributing to a product or service design process
- Experience creating and testing of physical, digital or service prototypes
- Organisational skills including slick project management
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- The ability to work across multiple complex projects at once
- Confident client management with the ability to work well with people at all levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Energy, motivation and a curiosity for working on complex social issues including childhood obesity, early infant development, financial resilience and mental health
- At least three years experience in a similar or parallel sector and be able to show us how you have done, would do and/or could grow to do all of the things described above.
How to apply
We’re excited to hear from you. To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you are interested in the role and how you would be a great fit. We’ll be taking applications until 09:00 on Monday 27 January 2020.
More about Shift
Shift is an award-winning social enterprise that brings together rigorous research, ambitious creativity and commercial expertise to design solutions to challenging social problems. Check out our portfolio.