Full-time, fixed term contract
From now until the end of March 2021
Aim to extend contract, subject to funding
Remote/ flexible working
£24,000 per annum, depending on experience
Shift is seeking a motivated and organised individual to support a new programme of work that is strengthening nonprofits affected by the COVID-19 crisis and our ongoing work around relationships.
We bring design thinking to help maximise the collective impact of social organisations. We work closely with people and communities, as part of diverse networks of partners, to transform services and reduce inequalities. Find out more at shiftdesign.org.
Shift x The Relationships Project
The Relationships Project is an initiative that grew out of Shift. We’re founded on the belief that everything works better when relationships are valued which is why it’s our mission to support organisations, services and communities to put relationships at the heart of what they do. Find out more at relationshipsproject.org.
Shift x Beyond
Shift is delivering a 6 month programme of free support to nonprofits that are supporting people and communities affected by COVID-19 in two main areas: early years and financial wellbeing. In each of these areas, we are delivering training, workshops, advice, design sprints and resources. Find out more at joinbeyond.org.
What you’ll do
Shift is looking for a Project & Communications Officer to support the day-to-day running of both The Relationships Project and Beyond. This will include:
Branded content and marketing
- Upload blogs, events and other content to the websites using brand guidelines
- Support with the creation of presentations, including applying brand guidelines Update and publish events on Eventbrite
- Publish and monitor social media posts and ads, with support from comms team
- Support execution of comms and outreach activities, including direct emails and phone calls
- Feed into a review of The Relationships Project website and support with restructuring
- Develop and manage a process for reviewing consent for sharing user stories
- Generate monthly analytics reports for websites, marketing activity and conversions to support learning and development
Community and partner engagement
- Respond to enquiries, invitations and introductions received via email and social media
- Schedule and market events hosted via Zoom
- Provide low level tech support on events (e.g. support facilitators with Zoom)
- Send information and reminder emails to trainers, speakers and facilitators
- Desk research to build marketing / outreach lists
- Feed into community development strategy, alongside other team members
- Support with the preparation of fundraising documents
- Help develop a process for capturing stories of impact
Desired skills and experience
- Able to work as part of a team as well as the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience building or content-managing websites, ideally on WordPress and Squarespace
- Experience working on GSuite, including slides, docs and sheets
- Experience with using social media for promotion or marketing
- Excellent attention to detail Highly organised and task-oriented time manager
- Commitment to building relationships and strengthening networks
You’ll be great at this if you’re organised and adaptable, warm and kind, and diligent with an eye for detail. Above all, you will be driven by the desire to support people and organisations in the social sector thrive and put relationships at the heart of what they do. You’ll ideally have some relevant experience and be able to show us how you have done, would do or could grow to do all of the activities described above.
Shift is committed to being a diverse and equal employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including women, people who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), as well as individuals who identify as LGBTQIA+.
Timings and next steps
We are looking to begin work with a Project & Communications Officer immediately. If you are interested in responding, please send your CV as well as your availability over the next week for an initial call to email@example.com . On this initial call we will get to know more about you and your experience.